Do you want to work as a guide in the most beautiful region in Norway?
Do you love fjords, the sea, the mountains and above all working with people?
Then you are exactly right with us because we work where others spend their holidays.
We look for guides with German/English and, if possible, another language for our summer season.
If you are interested please read the following information:
First of all, who are we and what do we do?
Møre og Trøndelag Guide AS has been in existence for over 10 years and is headed by an Austrian / German team.
We are the leading guide company in the Molde region, with more than 100 guides in the summer.
We provide our guides to large and small cruise ships such as Aida, TUI, Costa, MSC, Phoenix, Hurtigruten and many external tour operators to bring the incomparable beauty of Norway’s fjords and cities of our region to the passengers by bus or on foot.
Who are we looking for and how are you being trained?
First, do not worry if you do not know much about Norway yet – that was the case with most of our guides at the beginning. If you are interested and open-minded you will have all the necessary information before you guide the first time.
The most important thing is that you are interested in the country and its people and most of all like to work with and for tourists. And that you share with enthusiasm what you have learned.
Our guides are our greatest resource to fulfill the high expectations of our clients and tourists. So the recruiting process is very important to us. When we have found someone who suits us, she/he will receive well-founded training and education through a qualified online course in the form of various modules that you can still complete at home before you travel to Norway. Guiding doesn’t mean information only, but also entertainment, story telling and charming persons to make a day for the tourists.
In the beginning / middle of May we will give practical training directly in the regions where you will work in the summer.
The Position requirement is:
In order to provide guests with information about Norway it is necessary to have a good command of their native language, so the job requires you to speak English and German fluently and, if possible, one or more of the following languages: French, Italian or Spanish (C1 to C2 level) in combination (B2 to C2 level to EU standards).
Our summer season starts in April / May. We therefore prefer employees who can arrive at the beginning of May in order to participate in the practical training.
In particular, you should fulfill the following requirements:
- at least 18 years old
- representative, always friendly and sociable
- highly motivated and flexible – there are no regular working times or leisure with us
- work permit, tax card and a Norwegian bank account (passport required) where we will help you with these things as best we can
- accommodation in Molde or Ålesund (at least during training and working season)
- employees from the EU do not need a special work permit, but only have to register with the relevant authorities after their entry
- a mobile phone with a Norwegian phone number – which is very important as you will often work in regions where there is no internet and therefore communication is mainly via SMS
- have successfully completed the entire guide course
What can we offer you:
- an exciting and varied summer job as a guide in the beautiful Fjordregion with Geiranger, Hellesylt and Olden beside different cities like Molde, Ålesund, Åndalsnes, Kristiansund and Trondheim
- guide assignments from beginning/middle of May until middle of September/October
- comprehensive Norwegian Social Security
- salary according to assignments (per day / tour)
- as with all companies that are active in this industry, there is no fixed salary but a corresponding remuneration after assignments; therefore we can not tell you exactly how much you will earn;
- as a guide, though: an average salary per month is around NOK 18,000 NOK provided all given assignments are accepted (minus payroll tax you get normally back – if you only work in Norway during the summer – in the following year entirely through automatic tax compensation)
- For more info: Norwegian Tax Administration / Skaateetaten
- Form to apply for less taxes (kildeskatt): Tax return for advance assessment of foreign employee
- if you speak several languages and therefore get many assignments, you will most likely outperform that amount. Explanation of Language Levels. You should have a level of AT LEAST C1 in Speaking and Listening Skills.
Unfortunately, it is not or only very limited possible to provide accommodation.
The average cost of an apartment in Molde and the region is about NOK 3500-4000 per month (double room) + electricity (deposit usually needs to be paid for 1-3 months in advance). Information about accommodation in Møre og Romsdal: www.rubrikk.no, www.finn.no, www.hybel.no.
All questions that arise, we can clarify by email directly.